Faculty of Health Sciences.
Administratively the Faculty of healthy sciences is headed by Dean and deputy dean in coordination with Heads of Departments. Below is the list the responsible management Team.
Associate Professor Thokozani Vumbwe
Dean of Faculty
Dr. Nathaniel Chimbatata
Deputy Dean of Faculty
To produce highly qualified health professionals in response to address the critical shortage of human resource which has resulted from inadequate capacity of training institutions to produce the numbers of health workers required, through training, education, research and outreach in order to improve the health of Malawians.
The Faculty of the Health Sciences is to be an academic centre of excellence in training health care professionals, research and outreach for quality service and socio-economic transformation or the people of Malawi and beyond.
- To produce highly competent graduates.
- To undertake research in health related problems
- To promote best practices in health delivery services
- To develop community outreach services
- To facilitate mid-career skills and knowledge through short courses.
- To build a clinic for income generating and teaching.
- Certificate in Clinical Teaching and Preceptorship 3 months
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Midwifery 4 years
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Midwifery (Online) 5 years
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Midwifery (Upgrading) 3 years
- Master of Science in Nursing Education (Clinical Teaching) 2 years
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing 3 years
- Bachelor of Science in Optometry Honours 5 years
- Bachelor of Science in Optometry Honours (Upgrading) 3/4 years
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences 4 years
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences (Upgrading) 2 years
The Faculty has the following departments:
Mr Baxter G Chirambo
Head Department of Nursing and Midwifery
Dr Pizga Kumwenda
Head Department of Biomedical Sciences
Dr Joseph Afonne
Head Department of Optometry