DIRECTORATE OF QUALITY ASSURANCE AND ENHANCEMENT
Quality assurance and enhancement are key priority activities of Mzuzu University. The Directorate of Quality Assurance and Enhancement fits very well within the Strategic plan 2020 – 2030 ensuring that the core business of the University which is teaching and learning is done with the expected standards.
Mzuzu University strives to UNLOCK ITS FULL POTENTIAL- Towards a more credible, competitive, and responsive University in the 21st Century. Quality is key as we strive to strengthen our drive toward internationalization.
With leadership from the Directorate, all staff and students shall work together towards excellence that satisfies both our internal aspirations and external expectations including that of the National Council for Higher Education and the Ministry of Education.
We aspire to be a premier provider of tertiary education in Malawi by offering high-quality teaching, training, research, and complementary services.
To promote confidence in the quality and standards of teaching, learning, research and complementary services of Mzuzu University and to assure itself and stakeholders that the quality and standards of its awards are well managed.
“service, perfection and self-reliance”
Functions of the Directorate
The Directorate of Quality Assurance and Enhancement is the custodian of quality in the University and is responsible for:
1. Overseeing implementation of the Quality Assurance Policy and promoting a culture of quality.
2. Developing and reviewing quality assurance and management systems for the University.
3. Overseeing implementation of quality assurance and enhancement tools.
4. Sharing best practices, through benchmarking, in quality assurance and enhancement.
5. Building capacity of students and staff in quality assurance and enhancement
6. Supporting development and review of institutional policies.
7. Monitoring and evaluating quality assurance management systems.
8. Leading preparations for external audits.