24th UNIVERSITY CONGREGATION
Mzuzu University wishes to inform all students who completed their studies after December 2021, their parents, guardians and the general public that the 24th University Congregation is scheduled as follows:
DATE : Friday, 21st October, 2022
TIME : 9:00 a.m.
VENUE: : Mzuzu University Grounds
His Excellency Dr. Lazarus McCarthy Chakwera, President of the Republic of Malawi and Chancellor of Mzuzu University, has delegated the Vice-Chancellor, Professor John D. Kalenga Saka, to preside over the Congregation.
The rehearsals for the graduands will take place on Thursday 20th October 2022 from 9.00 a.m. at the University Grounds.
Academic awards will be conferred to graduands under the following programmes:
A. Faculty of Humanities and Social Science
- Diploma in Security Studies
- Diploma in Library and Information Science
- Bachelor of Arts (Theology and Religious Studies)
- Bachelor of Arts in Security Studies
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- Bachelor of Arts (Communication Studies)
B. Faculty of Health Sciences
- University Certificate in Preceptorship and Clinical Teaching
- Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Sciences)
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing and Midwifery)
- Bachelor of Science (Optometry) (Honours)
C. Faculty of Science, Technology and Innovation
- Diploma in Information and Communication Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Information and Communicatio Technology)
- Bachelor of Science (Renewable Energy Technologies)
- Bachelor of Science in Physics and Electronics (Honours)
D. Faculty of Tourism, Hospitality and Management • Bachelor of Science (Tourism)
• Bachelor of Science (Hospitality Management)
E. Faculty of Education
- University Certificate of Education
- Diploma in Education (Arts)
- Diploma in Education (Languages)
- Diploma in Education (Science)
- Bachelor of Arts (Education)
- Bachelor of Science (Education)
- Bachelor of Science Education (Information and Communication Technology)
- Bachelor of Education (Arts)
- Bachelor of Education (Science)
- Bachelor of Education (Languages)
F. Faculty of Environmental Sciences
- Bachelor of Science (Transformative Community Development)
- Bachelor of Science (Value Chain Agriculture)
- Bachelor of Science (Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences) • Bachelor of Science (Forestry)
- Bachelor of Science (Water Resources Management)
- Bachelor of Science in Land Management (Estate Management) • Bachelor of Science in Land Management (Surveying)
- Bachelor of Science in Land Management (Physical Planning)
G. Postgraduate Programmes
- Master of Science (Forestry and Environmental Management)
- Master of Science (Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences)
- Master of Science (Transformative Community Development)
- Master of Science (Water Resources Management and Development)
- Master of Science (Geoinformatics)
- Master of Science (Urban and Regional Planning) • Master of Education (Leadership and Management)
- Master of Education (Teacher Education)
- Master of Library and Information Science
- Master of Science in Information Theory, Coding and Cryptography
- PhD in Theology and Religious Studies
Collection of Academic Awards
All certificates, diplomas and degrees will be available for collection at the Mzuzu University Registry soon after the graduation ceremony, upon signing the graduate register and returning the academic regalia. Graduates will be required to present an identity document (ID) such as the National ID, passport, driver’s license and previous student ID.
Outstanding Debts and Names of Graduands
Graduands still owing the University any outstanding fees or other financial obligations will not graduate. The University is giving such candidates an opportunity to clear their debts by 3rd October 2022 to be included on the list of graduands which will be published on the University website: www.mzuni.ac.mw on 5th October 2022. Candidates who fail to honour their dues by the given date will not be included on the list of graduands and they will have to wait for the next Congregation.
Graduands should clear their debts by depositing the funds in the following account: NBS Bank, Mzuzu University Fee Collection Account, Account No. 14389172, Mzuzu Branch. The deposit slip should be scanned and e-mailed to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org for clearance; or may be presented in person on Campus to the Finance Department.
Graduands who are beneficiaries of loans from the Higher Education Students Loans Board must fill and return the bonding forms to Higher Education Students Loans Board, failing which they will not be allowed to graduate.
Academic regalia will be available for hire at the following charges:
Undergraduate Gown : MK15,000.00
Undergraduate Gown, Mortar Board and Hood : MK20,000.00
Masters Gown, Mortar Board and Hood : MK40,000.00
PhD Gown, Mortar Board and Hood : MK50,000.00
Travel, Upkeep and Accommodation
Graduands will be responsible for their own travel, upkeep and accommodation arrangements.
Graduands and invited guests will be required to follow COVID-19 prevention measures.
Graduands who require photography services will be informed during rehearsals about the arrangements made.
For further information, please contact:
Private Bag 201
Mobile : 0888 555 470 or 0991 087 168 (during working hours)
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : www.mzuni.ac.mw