Department of Theology and Religious Studies.
The Department of Theology and Religious Studies exists to provide high quality education, training, research and complimentary services in theology and religious studies to meet the technological, social and economic needs of individuals and communities in Malawi and the World. Our vision for the next 10 years is to be a premier provider of tertiary education, adaptive research and outreach in the field.
The following are the values that drive the department:
- Academic excellence: We believe in lifelong intellectual development of students, faculty, and staff. We are committed to encouraging and promoting excellence through innovation and creativity, rigour and pragmatism
- Educational success: We believe in student success and in preparing students to engage complex issues and express informed opinion through critical thinking, writing, and speech.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We recognize that there is knowledge to be gained from the backgrounds, lifestyles, experiences, differences and cultural heritages represented throughout our community and we support a safe environment where all people are valued, respected and treated with dignity.
- Dependability: We believe in remaining reliable and counted
- Quality Customer Service: We are committed to providing highest quality of customer/student interactions while remaining flexible, responsive, and open-minded in developing and delivering programs, services and facilities